|Nov. 9, 2017
CONTACT: Marcia McAllister
Detours for Silver Line Construction Next Weekend
Friday, Nov. 17 at 10 p.m. - Saturday, Nov. 18 at 6 a.m.
On or about Friday, Nov. 17 at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 18 at 6 a.m., lane closures, detours and 20-minute stoppages will occur on the westbound Dulles Toll Road (DTR) and Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH), and on the eastbound Dulles Greenway to allow Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project crews to continue pedestrian bridge construction that will provide access over the highways to the Silver Line's Reston Town Center and Ashburn Metrorail Stations. See details below and on the next page.
WESTBOUND DTR and DIAAH: Friday, Nov. 17, 10 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 18, 5 a.m.
- From 10 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., the slip ramp from the westbound DTR to the westbound DIAAH at mile marker 9.0 (2/10 mile past the Beulah Road overpass) will be closed. All westbound DIAAH traffic will be diverted to the westbound DTR via the bus ramp at mile marker 8.3 (see Figure 1).
Figure 1: Traffic on the WB DIAAH will be diverted to the WB DTR near mile marker 8.3.
- Westbound traffic to the airport will return to the DIAAH via the slip ramps at mile markers 3.3 and 1.8 with no toll payment required (see Figure 2).
Figure 2: Airport traffic will re-enter the WB DIAAH at mile marker 3.3 and 1.8.
- At 2:30 a.m., the westbound DIAAH will be reopened to traffic.
- From 2:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 18, the three left lanes on the westbound DTR will be closed between Wiehle Avenue and the Fairfax County Parkway. All westbound traffic will use the right lane (see Figure 3, next page).
- Between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m., 20-minute stoppages will occur on the westbound DTR and on the ramp from the Reston Parkway to the westbound DTR.
Figure 3: A triple left lane closure and 20-minute stoppages will occur on the westbound DTR.
EASTBOUND DULLES GREENWAY: Friday, Nov. 17, 10 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 18, 5 a.m.
- The eastbound Dulles Greenway will be closed between Ashburn Village Boulevard and the Loudoun County Parkway (see Figure 4).
- Traffic will be detoured to northbound Ashburn Village Boulevard, eastbound Shellhorn Road, and the southbound Loudoun County Parkway to return to the Dulles Greenway.
Figure 4: The eastbound Dulles Greenway will be detoured to secondary roads.
All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Information about additional detours will be forthcoming as the work progresses through October and in the upcoming months.
Drivers are asked to use caution and pay attention to all signage and barricades. Large, slow-moving vehicles may be exiting and entering the highway at various times.
A 24/7 emergency hotline is available for Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project construction-related issues: 844-385-7245. For general project information: www.dullesmetro.com or 703-572-0506.