October 26, 2017
CONTACT: Marcia McAllister
Overnight Lane Closures and Detours for Silver Line Construction
Friday, Nov. 3 at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 4 at 6 a.m.
On or about Friday, Nov. 3 at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 4 at 6 a.m., lane closures, detours and 20-minute stoppages will occur on both the eastbound and westbound Dulles Toll Road (DTR) and Dulles International Airport Access Highway (DIAAH) to allow Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project crews to continue pedestrian bridge construction that will provide access over the highways to the Silver Line's Innovation Center and Herndon Metrorail Stations. See details below.
WESTBOUND DTR and DIAAH: Friday, Nov. 3, 8 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 4, 6 a.m. (See Figure 1)
Friday, 8 p.m.
- Left lane closures on the westbound DTR will begin at 8 p.m. near mile marker 4.0 (west of the Fairfax County Parkway overpass).
Friday, 10 p.m.
- The slip ramps from the westbound DTR to the westbound DIAAH at mile marker 9.0 (2/10 mile past the Beulah Road overpass) and 3.3 (1/10 mile past the Monroe Street/Van Buren street overpass) will be closed.
- All westbound DIAAH traffic will be diverted to the westbound DTR via the bus ramp at mile marker 8.3 (7/10 mile before the Hunter Mill Road overpass).
- The single left lane closure on the westbound DTR near mile marker 4.0 will transition to a double and triple left lane closure.
Friday, 11 p.m.
- All westbound DTR and DIAAH traffic will be diverted to local roads at Centreville Road (Exit 10). Follow Centreville Road South, Frying Pan Road West and Route 28 North to access Dulles International Airport and the Dulles Greenway.
Saturday, 6 a.m.
- All lanes on the westbound DTR and DIAAH, including slips ramps from the westbound DTR to the DIAAH, will be reopened to traffic.
Figure 1: Lane closures and detours will occur on the westbound DTR and DIAAH.
EASTBOUND Dulles Toll Road: Friday, Nov. 3, 10 p.m. to Saturday, Nov. 4, 4 a.m. (See Figure 2)
Friday, 10 p.m.
- Left lane closures on the eastbound DTR will begin at 8 p.m. near the mainline toll booth.
- The slip ramp from the eastbound DIAAH to the DTR at mile marker 2.7 (after the Centreville Road bridge) will be closed. Signage will be in place as traffic leaves Dulles International Airport to direct Fairfax County Parkway traffic to use the slip ramp at mile marker 1.8 (immediately after the mainline toll booth).
Saturday, midnight to 2:30 a.m.
- Eastbound DTR traffic will be reduced to a single lane between the Centreville Road overpass and the Monroe/Van Buren Street overpass and diverted through the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride. Traffic will return to the eastbound DTR 1/10 mile before the Fairfax County Parkway overpass with all lanes open to traffic.
Saturday, 2:30 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- All lanes on the eastbound DTR, including slip ramps from the eastbound DIAAH to the DTR, will reopen to traffic.
- 20-minute stoppages will occur on the ramp from the eastbound DTR to the Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride facility and the Fairfax County Parkway.
Figure 2: The eastbound DTR will be reduced to a single lane and diverted through the Herndon-Monroe Park & ride facility.
All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
Drivers are asked to use caution and pay attention to all police and flagger instructions, signage, and barricades. Large, slow-moving vehicles may be exiting and entering the highways at various times.
A 24/7 emergency hotline is available for Phase 2 Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project construction-related issues: 844-385-7245. For general project information: www.dullesmetro.com or 703-572-0506.