Dulles Metrorail - Innovation Center
Innovation Center Station
(previously called Route 28 Station)
Location: In the median Road/Airport Access Highway near the intersection of the Dulles International Airport Access Highway/Dulles Toll Road and Route 28
Type of Station: Ground level
- Pedestrian bridges and station entrances from both sides of the Dulles Airport Access Highway/Dulles Toll Road
- Bus drop-off/pickup (both entrances)
- Kiss & Ride (both entrances)
- Parking for approximately 2,000 cars (south side)
- Seven bicycle racks and five lockers on the north side; 45 racks in the garage on south side and five lockers
Landmarks: Center for Innovative Technology
Scheduled to complete: Phase 2 completion date is approximately five years after contract is awarded in May 2013. Opening date to be determined by the Metropolitan Washington Area Transit Authority.
Fares: Will be set when Phase 2 opens, and will be similar to other Metrorail lines.
Schedule: Trains are anticipated to run every six minutes in the peak period (rush hours) and less frequently in the off peak.