July 19, 2016
CONTACT: Marcia McAllister
On or about Friday, July 22, between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m., 20-minute traffic stoppages will occur at several intersections at Dulles International Airport while a large steel form used for construction of the silver Line's aerial guideway is transported.
Stoppages will occur at the following intersections along the route between Garage 1 and the north end of Autopilot Drive:
1. At Saarinen Circle/eastbound DIAAH, just before the ramp to Aviation Drive.
2. The ramp from the westbound DIAAH to Aviation Drive.
3. Aviation Drive and Autopilot Drive.
4. Autopilot Drive and Rudder Road.
5. Autopilot Drive and Materials Road.
6. Windshear road, just west of Gate 201.
Police will be present for safety. Drivers should exercise caution, pay attention to barrier and signage and obey all police and flagger instructions.
All work is weather dependent and subject to change.
To stay on top of Silver Line Phase 2 construction activities and lane closures, please sign up at http://dullesmetro.com/news-and-updates/traffic-alerts/sign-up-form/.
A 24/7 Hotline is available for Phase 2 Rail Yard construction-related issues: 952-939-6690. For general project information: www.dullesmetro.com or 703-572-0506.